Question

slsmith0119

How do I build my credit score?
I am trying to build ny credit but at this time it is very poor. I cant get any kind of credit card or loan. I have nothing in my name its in my fiances name. He has even tried refinancing a vehicle and adding me but they said no because my score was too low. I dont have much on my credit and almost all of it is from a few years ago. We are wanting to buy a home and my credit is killing us. At this point i dont know what the best way to go about getting my score up. What do i do? Where do I start? HELP!

What kind of negative things do you have on your credit reports? If you have negative items on your report, the first thing to do is to see what you can do about them. How old are the negatives? Are they close to falling off your reports? If they are not close to falling off your reports, do they have inaccurate information that you can dispute for a favorable outcome? Will any of the creditors/collection companies do a "Pay for Delete" aka "PFD". This is where you get them to agree in writing, for your payment they will remove the negative from your report. (just don't get into any payment plans, make sure you can pay it all at once). Concentrate on seeing what you can clean up on your reports is the first step.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Have you tried to get a secured credit card (one you put collateral down for)? If you haven't tried yet, research the different card companies that have secured credit cards. Read their reviews and it will help you determine whether you may qualify for one. Just make sure that you look for one that reports to all three credit bureaus on a regular basis.

Have you tried a consumer finance company for a small installment loan? Interest is high, but maybe a very small loan would help. Once again make sure you use a place that reports to all three bureaus regularly. Worst case scenario, is to wait on buying a home as it takes some time to build a credit score or keep your name off of the loan (which would be a terrible idea if you will be helping pay for it).