Question

PuppetIA

how do I build credit, if I have NO job?
I dont work, but I got to college and my husband works. Do credit card applications ask for a job? And if yes are there other ways to build credit?

Most Helpful Response

A new rule enacted last spring allows credit card issuers to use the working spouses income for stay at home moms.  Go to www.creditcards.org or www.cardratings.com to compare credit cards.  Best of luck to you!

You could try getting a secured card.  If you are not familiar with those, it is a way to build credit with no big risk to a creditor.  You give them your own money and set a limit.  They report the card as it is a regular credit card.  You cannot go beyond the limit that YOU set (the money you provided to secure it).  You can also raise your own limit this way, and it looks like the bank raised it for you, which is good.