Question

sunrise1969

How do I build credit?
I have already started building my credit, but I need more credit to get my score up. How do I get approved for more credit with a very poor score 637?

Most Helpful Response

If you have a credit card, making paymentson time and paying more than your minimum payment will help. It will also increase your credit limit. I've only been building credit for 7 months, and my score is 688. Also don't max out your card and try to stay at about 5-10% usage. If you have any out standing loans and have the ability to pay them off or start making payments, that will help as well. Otherwise there are plenty of pre-pay credit cards out there that will help you establish credit.