Question

bplucier

how do I block credit inquiries?
I want to protect myself from fraud. HOW do I block inquiries?

Most Helpful Response

Credit Freeze is what you want, 

look at my profile for the Credit Freeze links there are a few other links. 

Once you get to a point in your life you want to put a Credit Freeze on everything so to Identity Theft.

Good Luck

Nomadre

How hard is it then to get the unfreeze?  So lets say in 2 years I want to buy a new car and start shopping for autoloans?  How hard is the process to unlock your credit, or can you handle for just a one time buy without removing the freeze?

icuhowie

There are options for the One Time unFreeze, 

but for something like that you want to get Pre-Approved from your Bank,  Not A Car Dealership!

Nomadre

Normally I do deal with the dealership, and generally I get 0 down and 0 percent interest through manufacturing lender, IE direct with Ford/Chevy.  And I have not had a bank yet offer me those terms, trust me I have given them the chance to ;)