Question

giggles0902

How do I avoid my credit limits being decreased when repairing credit
Due to unforeseen circumstance, we depended heavily on credit cards to help us get by recently, my husband lost his job, and is now on disability. I have obtained a job now where we can start paying things down, but last time we tried to do this, as we were paying them down, credit limits were decreased on the accounts. I don't want this to happen, how do I proceed? We wont be using them anymore, but we need the credit so that we can move ahead and buy a home next year.

i just had the exact same thing happen and posted about it. as soon as i made an earnest effort to pay down by limits the limits were almost immediately dropped. seems you are punished for trying to be responsible, I wish I had an answer. Am hoping someone here does.

You have been a member of this site since 2014. Plenty of time for you to have read some of the informative articles as well as reading some other questions and answers on this community forum.

Sustained high balances with small and minimum payments trigger alerts with your creditor.  

Begin rebuilding your credit by paying as much money as you can towards your highest interest credit card since paying interest is wasted money.  Once that is paid off, move to the next highest interest card and so on. Dave Ramsey likes the approach of paying the lowest balance first. 

Do some reading on paying off debt. Lots of information on this site and other internet sites.