Question

suzieq1983

How do I assure a collection agency has removed data?
I disputed a debt that was in collection and received a letter from the collection agency indicating that neither they nor their client would continue to report or take action against me for the debt. This is not reflected in my Credit Karma account. How long does it take?

Give it a month...

It really depends on the credit bureau and the lender/collector. In most cases, you can expect your creditors to report new information every 30 days. It's good practice to check your report at least once a month.

This blog entry might help, if the debt keeps appearing but shouldn't be:

https://www.creditkarma.com/article/dispute-credit-report-errors