Question

claudiaandsteve

how do I adding comments on my credit account
I have account that was settled before a collection company purchased debt. They have debt as in collections when in fact it was paid. I contacted debt company and explained debt was settled before they purchased and it was error on comcast. how every comcast explained the debt owner that posted derogatory collection on report must remove it. The debt collector is stating they understand however have no ability to remove the collection from my report. This is untrue as I had a small car insurance debt resolved and removed same day by another debt collector who placed debt on report and then removed it. what shold I do?

Either dispute the account with the credit bureaus or contact a FDCPA attorney for help. FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) is something that you should read up on. If things are as you say, you may be able to go after the collection company.