Question

dironside

How did my score drop 40 points after a dispute was cleared off my account?
I disputed two errors on my trans union account and they both were removed from my report but it made my number drop 40 points. WTH? Is it best to not dispute inccorrect reportings? this makes no sense to me.

I assume the removed trade line was negitave, BUT if well aged, the negative factor may not have been affecting your score much. By removing the old account, now you lost the trade line age which was actually helping your score.

dironside

Both were in collections, and easily a year old.

well, if you disputed things that were HELPING your score, and they removed them, then yea it'll bring your score down.