Question

linjon

how did my credit score drop 40 points after making more payments and adding 2 more lines of credit
When I first started my score was 682 then went up to 722 then i added 2 credit cards not used my score dropped to 677 ????????

Most Helpful Response

By opening two new accounts, you took two credit inquiries, and shortened the average age of credit history.

The inquiries will last two years, with diminishing effects as they age. Your credit age is an average of all of your open accounts, which will increase as they age.

score drop

Thank you for responding it was helpful. If I drop the 2 cards will it bring my score back up or will it hurt me, because I dont need the cards I just thought  a larger credit line would bring my score up but it really hurt it, what should Ido.