Question

KittyTattoos

How did I get a hard inquiry recently on a cell account I've had for almost 1 year?
I got a new cellphone and my own line about 1 year ago and most recently got a new credit card because I still had no credit. I began with a secured credit card. I have no payments due and everything is paid on time but I used the credit card to pay my cell phone bill in which I paid early and notice a hard inquiry on my credit score which I am quite confused about. I don't owe any money towards my cell phone company nor my credit card company. I have paid every single bill received over the year of having my cellphone and on top of paying them all, I always pay at least a week before the due date. I'm a bit surprised with this. A "hard inquiry" makes no sense to me for a cellular bill that I've already had before an official established credit. Anyone have any answers to clear my confusion?

Are you sure it was a "hard" inquiry?  Not all inquiries are "hard".  Soft inquires don't count against your score.  Any current creditor you have can check your report from time to time, but that is not a hard inquiry and won't hurt your score.  If you think this inquiry is in error, go to www.annualcreditreport.com and dispute it online with all three bureaus.