Question

credit187

how come my score drop 82 points just for refiancing my car and payin off a 54 dollars student loan?
I am getting ready to buy a house, but now with the dropped that happens im not sure I would even get approve, It was only a refi and a 54 dollars debt that the fed didn't leave me alone for.

Most Helpful Response

because of the new loan.

Anytime you open new accounts your score drops. Even a refi.  It should bounce back pretty quickly. 

Thats one of the common mistakes many people make when trying to clean up their credit report before making a big purchase. Making changes to your credit report often lowers your scores for awhile.