Question

BasketbaLLer1

How can you increase your credit limit?
Hi, I would like to know some ways to increase my credit limit as quickly as possible. So, I first opened a credit card back in high school right when I turned 18 and got into some young & dumb financial mistakes by running up the card, etc. Because of this, I've just basically avoided using my credit card and stuck with cash/debit for many years. Now fast forward almost 10 years later, I have a decent, high income and would like to take advantage of reward points, but in order to maximize the reward benefits I need a higher credit limit. I have been stuck at a laughable $700 credit limit for a decade so what are some suggestions to increase this credit limit? Can I simply just show them my income statements to get a larger increase to say $8,000-15,000? Or, just call the bank or online to request an increase?....but, this would only increase the limit by small increments. Or, lastly, start using the credit card and allow it to automatically increase by itself? Apply for new cards? Any other suggestions?

Surprisingly, throughout this credit card inactivity, I thought my score would be terrible due to past history, but Credit Karma says I have around a 720 credit score which may actually be higher with official credit union scores...I've also been lucky enough to be able to get an Auto Loan in college, a Small Business Loan, and rent an apartment. Given my circumstances, do any of my fellow Credit Karma peeps have any advice or strategies to continue to increase my credit score to receive lower rates as well as increasing my credit limits to at least $10K+? I am also looking into applying for a Business Credit Card to reap more rewards...should I just get a Business Credit Card instead and work on increasing those limits & rewards OR get both a Business CC and another personal CC? What is the best way to go about accomplishing these goals without adding too many hard inquiries and negatively affect my credit score?

Thank you for the help and I hope to hear any of your own experiences and/or suggestions!