Question

UKTone

How can you get hard inquires removed faster?
I read that people have/try to through sending a letter to the credit company and/or by "credit bumping" where they make as many soft inquiries to a credit bureau so there is no room for hard inquires.

But I read one guy on a forum that there can be some good things taken off.

What should I do? I have 7 hard inquires on TransUnion, 8 each for Equifax and Experian. I don't have a big history of credit so hard inquires hurt me more than most and I did not know applying for credit hurt my score until I looked more into what helps your credit scores besides just secured credit cards and what hurts them.

Also by it takes 2 years to fall off, is that up to 2 years, can some fall off around 6 months?

Most Helpful Response

they stay on your report for 2 years but after 6 months they arent looked at by most major banks and the points they took off useless bounced back

UKTone

Maybe that's what a banker meant, she said she thought inquiries fell off in 6 months, so I said I may have read it saying up to 2 years. But I would like more information on sending letters and bumping to get hard inquires removed.

I didn't know about hard inquiries when I was first applying to credit cards and I have not directly authorized any of them. I think hard inquiries should only affect you if you apply for a loan and unsecured cards except student credit cards, that way, it's simple to build your credit at a young age.