Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

Silverphoxx

How can you dispute an insurance score
I filed for personal bankruptcy in 2009, and I have been repairing it ever since and 3 years later it is back at a fair rating, but my insurance score is listing as poor. Before my bankruptcy I enjoyed a above 800 score but do to a failing business I was forced to file to save it. My driving record is unmarked for close to 20 years. Is there a way to dispute this score also how can I get old records off my credit record, I know these are hurting my scores also.
Thank you
Loren z

I disagree...

There must be a way to dispute the auto insurance portion. I am wondering the same thing...

My credit score is excellent and climbling but my auto insurance all of the sudden took a dive. No payments were missed, no driving incidents, nothing to affect my auto insurance score to go down. Unexplained drop!  I am curious if there is a way to have it recalculated. Clearly there is an issue here.

Insurance score is a scam

I too am victim of a "very poor" insurance score. I have NEVER in 20+ years of driving had an accident. The few tickets I have I did traffic school and they never entered my record. I have never had any type of insurance claim whatsoever in my life. I pulled my LEXISNEXIS report and all it said on the auto and home reports was "no claims" yet somehow, there is this "very poor" rating floating around with no clues as to what information is used to determine it. All I know is that an inquiry on my credit report resulted in a 20pt drop so, the information is coming from somewhere. Without a way to access and dispute informatin, wouldn't this be in violation of FCRA? 

Did you find an answer to how to dispute

We also just received a hugh increase in our home owners insurance bill.  I inquired only to learn our score for Home Insurance is in the toilet - no claims, excellent credit rating - I don't get it.   I also can't find a direction to dispute the score.  Any ideas?   Please help.