Question

cfaucher8191

How can we fix my boyfriends debt to income ratio, all of the bills are in his name?
I moved into my boyfriends house with him. The mortgage and his vehicle, credit cards and student loans are in his name. He recently took a pay cut which isn't affecting our ability to pay the bills but he is trying to finance a new vehicle and we are afraid his debt to income is going to appear too high because my name isn't on the house and my contribution to bills isn't a form of "income." What steps can we take to prove that I pay half of the bills...putting my name on the house is not an option right now.

Well  as you two are not married what is his is his and what is yours is yours.

hey can charge you Rent on the House and Utilities and show that as Income, but he would have to claim it as income at the end of the year.

Would tell him, 
* No need for a New Vehicle right now (  save a 1000's and by a nice used Car )

* Focus on Paying off the Credit cards and Keep them Paid off every month.

* Then attack the Student Loans and get those paid off as quick as he can.

* Live a more simple life so you all don't spend as much and put those monies toward the CC's and SL.

* Look at the Mortgage,  what interest rate is it at?   Is if above 4 or 5% if so the look to refinance it at a lower rate.  look for a 15 year loan.

* Google Dave Ramsey and start reading.

Good Luck