Question

someuser123456

How can this happen?
So I signed up with Credit Karma this past week. As soon as they take all my information and supposively verify my identity through their SUPER DUPER Algorithm, the results come back with ALL WRONG INFORMATION. Wrong person, wrong address, wrong credit reports. When I inquire as to why my account is displaying the wrong information I was told that somebody must have used my e-mail to previously setup an account. I CALL BS ON YOU CREDIT KARMA. Most if not all activation websites verify if the e-mail has been used previously to sign up since the e-mail is being used as userlogin. SO NOW THEY TOOK ALL MY INFORMATION AND CLOSED MY ACCOUNT. THIS WAS HOW THEY RESOLVED MY ISSUE, BY CLOSING MY NEWLY CREATED ACCOUNT!!!!!!! WHY SHOULD I CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT AGAIN? A BUNCH OF #$%$%$ BS CREDIT KARMA!!!!!!

but you did create a new account to post this?

What was wrong exactly? The informations in your credit report are wrong or CK can't verify who you are kinda wrong? Personally, I would get my credit report directly from Credit Bureaus first (via annual credit report dot com) , you are entitled to one free report every 12 months. Posting here ain't going to do you any good, certainly won't change anything.

@JohnnyRain127 - None of the information was accurate.  Even the 4-5 questions they asked me to try and identify me was completly wrong.  You are correct, posting here won't do much, but I needed a place to RANT, so what better place than Credit Karma's own website.

@icuhowie - Yes I created a new account with fictious information to post this thread.  I only went through the very first screen of creating a user, I did not provide my information to Credit Karma again since they already have it in some database that I cannot even access now.

Just ranting, but very poor customer service and poor resolution of flat out DEACTIVATING A NEWLY CREATED ACCOUNT BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION.

And now everytime I post here with this new account I have to create a new screenname even though the previous one is already attached to this newly created account.

JohnnyRain127

If you didn't get past the ID verification stage, then how did you see your credit report, if you didn't see your credit report then how did you know the informations with-in your credit report are wrong? Most time they would ask you questions that dose not pertained to you, as some of the answers are "Dose Not Apply" or "None Of Above".

-

There is nothing wrong with ranting, I know it is be frustrating, But don't you want to fix whatever are incorrect? I rather focus on how or why mine infos are wrong, because at end of day? regardless how much I rant, the issues are still be there and nothing has changed. What if you have same issues when try to access your credit report directly from Credit Bureaus? Then maybe something is actually wrong and not just exclusively on CK or CK's doing.

icuhowie

if you really did get in and were seeing someone elses credit Accounts ( after all the questions etc ) sounds like a back end issue at CK,    that would be more of a Security risk seeing someone else information,   work with CK to fix it.  OR  run to  cfpb.gov and follow the bouncing ball. 

someuser123456

Enter Your Reply@JohnnyRain127

I got passed all the verification stage, answered None Of The Above for all of the questions because every question they asked did not pertain to me.  This tells me their matching algorithm screwed up somewhere along the way as I have never had problems with a credit report in the past.  So yes I did see the credit reports, which had a total different middle name (I don't have a Middle Name) report even had a judgment, none of my open credit lines listed.  This is most likely why the canceled that original account I created.  They most like canceled it because they gave me somebody else’s information, which they are now probably breaking some sort of privacy law or rule.  And yes I will be pulling a credit report through an actual bureau.  Credit Karma should have handled this much differently and not give me some bogus replies and cancel the account when I Inquire as to why I received someone else’s information.
Stupid Credit Karma website, Won't let me reply under the same thread.  I know have to change my screenname for a third time just to post something!!!!!!  someuser