Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

justmad04

How can they raise your insurance because you locked your keys in your car? THEY DO!
Auto insurance my score went down drastically because I unknowingly used the roadside assistance for a dead battery and locking my keys in my car BOTH were considered claims on my insurance so WATCH OUT!! How can they get away with this when the total they paid out was less than $100.00 for both! You better start looking harder at AAA unless you want your score to drop.

Most Helpful Response

That doesn't sound right at all.  I've been a AAA member for decades, and I've used their services many, many times.  I can't even count the number of dead batteries and flat tires, plus other mechanical issues that required them to tow my car to the garage.  I also have AAA auto insurance and my rates go down every year.  I would question your insurance company about the increase in your rates, and perhaps even file a complaint with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (www.eapps.naic.org).

justmad04

I am looking for different insurance but I have disputed this and was told anytime this company pays out anything it is a claim!  In my case one was $25.00 and one was $47.00! So according to their fine print they are justified.  So USE AAA it will be the best money you ever spent, and no I don't work for AAA.