Question

Darcie1121

How can the same debts be reported twice but different amount?
I have the same 2 debts listed twice one my credit report. One says the balance is $0 And the other says I'm making payments. How can it be both? It makes sense that bit was paid off in 2013 but in have been making payments since then for over 2 yrs now. It's a student loan and I swear my balance never changes. What do I do? Hiwvare they charging me when they reported the debt paid in full in 2013?

A zero balance just means that the account at hand has a zero balance, it doesn't mean that you don't owe money to another company. Sometimes lenders will sell debts to another lender, probably what happened in this case. In this scenario, you no longer owe company one, but now owe company two. Since accounts are not removed due to closure, you still see the first account.