Question

John7997

How can someone be green in the factors and yellow in overall score?
I am bright green in the 3 factors with high impact, under 10% utilization, never missed a payment and no derogatory information. I am light green in age of credit history at over 8 but less than 9 years. I am light green in number of accounts (low impact) but I have over 21 so I am actually in the highest category. I do have 5 credit inquiries because of comparison shopping for refis in the last 18 months, but that is low impact. Still, my overall credit score is yellow at 678. Using the score simulator, lowering the amounts due by just a couple of bucks, can raise the score a hundred points, yet when that actually happens, there has been no change in the yellow score in months. Is there some other factor VantangeScore 3.0 uses that is blocking the increase into the range it historically was before the round of refis?