Question

Fitzu

How can score go down 29 points in a month when nothing changed on credit report
My score went down 29 points in about a month.

The only thing that changed was one Bank Credit Card I had lowered my credit limit from $5000 to $3000. Only owe $500 on it, & yet they lowered limit, I don't know why.

Would that be something that would drop a score 29 points?

Most Helpful Response

I like how you say,  "Nothing Changed on Credit Report"   then you go on to say that the CL on one card dropped 2000 dollars.

Well that is the cause of score dropping 29 points.

Your Total line of Credit decreased and your Credit Card Utilization went up at the same time,  both in the wrong direction.

So thats what happened.

Credit History takes time, so does your Credit Score.

Fitzu

All new to me, but when you put it that way, that makes sense.

Thanks for the reply & answer. I appreciate it.