Question

beback1

How can my one credit card be close without my knowing it just by disputing the balance?
I disputed my credit report with all three credit agencies pertaining to the balances. My one card was closed without notification to me until I went to use the card. How can that be? I am trying to find out an answer with the credit card co. but will have to wait 1 month for an answer. I paid off my balance early and wanted to show a zero balance, then it was closed. I believe Transunion had a hand in this.

Most Helpful Response

In general, you shouldn't need to wait one month for an answer of why an account was involuntarily closed. It seems like your case has been forwarded to the Fraud Dept of your creditor and they need more time to investigate. Level One customer service rep will not provide you with an answer. It is possible that your account is just being suspended but not closed. At this point there is nothing much you can do. Just be patient and wait for a letter from your creditor.