Question

Sc1227

How can my credit score drop if I lower my debt by $7000
I thought my credit score would go up by lowering my debt how can you go down by 69 points when I took $7000 off of my debt

Yes it should help your credit as long as you didn't close any accounts. Either there is a glitch going on as many people have been reporting this or Vantage Scoring is really this ridiculous. I think this is going to cause huge problems because this is really confusing a lot of people. Most lenders use a version of FICO scores, not Vantage, and if people develop habits of trying to appease the Vantage system, they are going to cause harm to their FICO scores, the real world credit scores. I suggest that you not worry about this drop and when you have a few extra bucks purchase your FICO scores somewhere to see how they are doing. If you did not close any accounts and just paid debt down I guarantee that your FICOs have improved.