Question

babythugs15

how can my credit dropped that much?
My credit score was 695 and i went to Macy's had 100$ credit limit and spent 90$ then i look abs they increases my limit to 600$ without notice, so i check my credit score after using the card and my credits 621 so minus 74pts. How is that? They use to show you were they deduct the points off abs it's not even showing me so I'm not understanding why it dropped so much.?

Most Helpful Response

why you would answer this question jeff with a pointless response is beyond me....once most of us see a question has been answered we don't check it we assume its good thank god I checked this one......most likely it has to be something else there is no way even at 90% utilization that your score would drop 74 points I cureently am running 82% utilization and my score has only dropped 59 points from 769 to 710....but regardless 90% utilization shouldn't be an issue here because the increased your limit to $600 so your running around 18% utilization which is healthy the optimal percent range 1%-20%  so unfortunately it has to be something else

I dont know about dropping that many points but I have read if you have a score lower than 700, if a hard inquiry is done on your report it does take a hit.  Is it true? Truthfully I am not sure. It could also be since you only had a $100.00 limit the utilization was 90 percent.  I am sure some others will come along and have some ideas.  Best of luck to you.