Question

grannysmith70

How can MasterCard raise my limit w/o my knowledge?
I requested & received a $10000.00 limit. Then I go to 15K & now 18,5K which has ruined my credit. Under "Utilizations" there's no credit cards, just pmts. Pls HELP!!!

No one answered. No help given. Now wha

No help/response was given.  Only 'good question?'  Now what

It isn't all that surprising no one has answered your question, because no one knows why, myself included, how would your credit been "ruined" by they rising your credit limit? did your scores dropped 50 points when the higher limit being reported?, It's that credit card on your credit report? I would focus more on what's in your credit reports than someone's interpretations of your credit, according to Credit Karma, you would need to have more than 20 credit accounts to be in excellent range (LOL!) or if your credit scores is in "good" or "fair" range. 

Since this is a public forum that reaches multiple time zones, and some people work, others are not able to answer until convenient, so patience is a desired virtue when one asks a question.  

Apparently, Mastercard felt you were worthy of being trusted with a higher credit limit so they gave it to you, which should cause a raise in your credit score.  My credit union did that for me and [my card has risen from $12,500 to $16,600, with a good rise in credit score.  Just because you have all that credit available doesn't mean you have to use it.  In fact, keeping usage at or below 10% and paying credit card balances in full every month are good goals to have.  Your score can only mess ujp if you mess up.  If you haven't read the articles here, I strongly suggest you do so because this grandma learned a lot more here than she did in college and she is doing very well on a fixed income bevcause of that knowledge.