Question

joesnow

how can I undo the effects of maxing my card?
I have opened a secured credit card with the sole purpose to build my credit score. I have used it over 80% (thinking that this is the right way). Turns out up to 30% is the way to go which I will do from now on. I have 3 months of use close to the limit, always paid on time though. How long before I will see any positive results for my below 30% spending or will the previous maxing out be in affect for a long time? Thank you!

Most Helpful Response

Keep your Credit Card Utilization under 20% and keep it there or Lower.   You should see something within a month or 2 after you get the balance down under 20% 

Also only Charge what you can Pay off that month.  No more!  If you can't do that then don't use the card.

You need to Live within your income.

Credit History takes time, so does your Credit Score.