Question

floridagtrgirl

How can I tell or know what will have to my credit score if I close accounts?

Actually, the answer to your question is to use the credit simulator tool here on the site. You can plug in different scenarios and see what will happen. In reality, you do not want to close established accounts. Those are providing a great benefit to your score. If you dont want to use them, you dont have to close them, just dont charge anything. You are still getting help from them being on your credit report. I hope this helps better than someone telling you to read the articles and choose to be credit stupid if you dont. Kind of a condescending attitude which is pervasive from that person. This is a forum to help others like yourself with our experiences. Best of luck and dont close those accounts.

I'm going to be up front and bluntly honest with you and tell you that, if you close many of your credit accounts, you might as well shoot yourself in the foot because you are throwing away credit that companies deemed you worthy of having and your credit score will drop like a rock.  Read the articles here, use the credit tools and learn how credit works, work on building your score and you will benefit greatly, as I have.  Or don't and be credit stupid.  Your choice.