Question

ShariR1970

How can I take something off my credit report that isn't mine?
I noticed that a personal loan appears on my credit report from LVNV Financial. The problem is that I've never taken out any kind of loan for any reason. How do I get it removed from my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

LVNV Funding

Do you have any bills of any sort that have gone to collections?  LVNV is known as a "junk debt buyer" or a group of collectors that buy old, often past the statute of limitations debts and tries to collect on them.  Shady dealers.

There is information on your credit report that tells you how to dispute this debt.  It's not uncommon for credit reporting bureaus to make errors so I would dispute this now.  They have to investigate and verify the debt within a reasonable time, or remove it from your report. 

Hope this disappears quickly.

deevette

I have really old hospital bills and an utility bill thats in my name and I don't even know it got in my name and a repossession on my credit how can I remove them all please help me can you email me at dhumphrey65@gmail.com for more info please thank you

Creditor that isn't mine

I have a Bank of America Mortgage that appears on my report.  I do not own a home, nor have I ever had an account with Bank of America?

m0d0g

I would contact Bank of America ASAP, that is a major concern if you do not have a Mortgage. If someone else is using your credit you need to shut that down sooner rather than later. 

Then the next thing to do would be go to lifelock.com and sign up for their services, as they can help prevent identity theft, provide support and questions pertaining to this, and back you with a 1 million dollar protection. 

Dispute dispute dispute

You have rights, if something isn't yours, it isn't yours. Hire a company like Creditmergency who can write these letters for you, to have them investigate and see if the debt is really yours. Or, you can do this yourself, the problem is that most people do not have the time to write back and forth with creditors. 

You will need to dispute it with the CRA, also contact the creditor and ask for a debt verification letter, this will give you all the information on the debt. This will allow you to find out who the orginal creditor was. If someone else is using your identity I would recommend watching your credit closely over the next few months. Also you should sign up for lifelock, I hear the service is excellent. 

HELP PLEASE

I HAVE A TWIN SISTER WHO HAS A CAR LOAN OUT AND SHE USED HER SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND ADRESS AND ALL BUT IT COMES UP ON MY CREDIT IM TRYING TO GET A CAR AND I CANT BECAUSE THERE SAYING I HAVE A CAR LOAN OUT WHEN I DONT THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF IS WE HAVE THE SAME EXACT NAME EXCEPT 1 LETTER DIFFERENCE AND OBVIOUSLY SAME BIRTHDAY HOW CAN I REMOVE THIS???

Removing a spouse's account off of yours

I have been helping my husband pay some of his monthly credit card payments.  However, now they are showing up on my credit profile and being used to assess my credit score.  How is that even possible? How can I remove that from my profile?