Question

kaylumus

How can I stop unauthorized hard inquiries and how long does it take for them to be removed?
Recently I have had three hard inquiries listed on my credit report which I did not authorize, resulting in drops in my Equifax and Transunion credit scores. In each case I contacted the creditors and was assured that the unauthorized credit application would be denied. It's been over a month since the first one, and my credit score continues to drop. The drops are only about 6-7 points, but that's too many for something that's not even my fault! Is there any way to stop these inquiries before they lower my score any farther, and how long will it take before my scores are restored? Thank you!

Most Helpful Response

Have you contacted the credit bureaus about this? Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites. You should consider contacting law enforcement to make a report that someone is trying to use your identity, consider freezing your credit reports, make sure you closely watch your credit reports, consider a product like "Life Lock" or something along those lines to help protect you.