Question

Cecheva

How can I stop credit bureaus from confusing me with my twin brother?
The three bureaus are listing all my twin brothers information on my credit file, and I have already listed on my profile not to confuse me with family and similar SSN's but I have to constantly call the bureaus but it's really damaging my score. What can I do?

Most Helpful Response

One way to fix this is to freeze your credit.  You can go online to each of the 3 bureaus and for a nominal fee, (5-10 bucks) each, you can freeze your account.  Each bureau will give you a PIN number so that when you want to apply for credit, you can "thaw" it out by entering your PIN number at each bureau's website and your credit is automatically thawed for 30 days.  Then it goes back to frozen.  I did this 5 year ago, no regrets.  While frozen, you can still pull your free annual report to make sure everything on there is truly yours at www.annualcreditreport.com.