Question

solterosteve

How can I see, challenge, and correct collections on my account?
How can I see all accounts that have been sent to collections, find contact information to resolve those that are valid, and challenge or remove those that are invalid or that I have already paid off?

Most Helpful Response

Go to www.annualcreditreport.com and pull a complete copy of your credit report from one of the bureaus, all creditor information is in the back.  Write letters to all 3 bureaus and creditors/collectors to dispute anything that is wrong (don't do it online, you give up a lot of your rights that way).  Send them 2 forms of ID to prove who you are (they already know your SS number, so don't worry.  I usually send copy of DL & SS card).  You may have to write letters 2-3 times to get it corrected, but if you are persistent it will get done.  Best of luck!