Question

ahollaway

How can I report possible identity use?
I keep getting e-mails from loan companies about someone with a different first name, but my last name. It worries me. What can I do to ensure there's nothing fishy with my actual identity/credit?

Most Helpful Response

It really doesn't sound like anything to worry about, if they had your info, the most likely would have already used it. If you want to be on the safe side, pull your reports from all three credit bureaus and make sure that you have credit monitoring that would cover all three credit bureaus. If you come to find that you are a victim of identity theft, notify the credit bureaus right away.