Question

twiggytree

How can I report my own payments made to a dealership?
I have been paying on a vehicle with a buy here pay here dealership that does not report to any credit bureaus. The dealership printed off my payments with their letterhead and told me to file it myself. How can I go about doing this?

You can't do this. There is a lot involved in reporting to the credit bureaus and the individual consumer cannot simply add accounts to the credit bureaus. Companies that report to the credit bureaus have contracts and pay money to use them. Do some reading as there are probably many other things that you can do to help build your credit. Most start with a Secured credit card to begin building. If you get some credit built up, maybe you could take out a loan that is reported to all three credit bureaus and use this money to pay off the dealership.