Question

ntsai

How can I reopen credit accounts my issuer closed?
My issuer closed 2 credit accounts because they went into past due, because of personal issues I did not pay.
However, I have now made full payments on what is past due and I am paying down the debt by more than the minimum payment every month. The accounts were closed within the past few weeks.
What can I do to get the companies to reopen my accounts? What circumstances play a role?
Again, I am paying off the debt already and the past due amounts are long gone.

Thank you!

Issuers do not have to reopen accounts they closed, and likely won't since it is strictly their choice. Late payments are not appreciated. 

The best you can do is give them a call and try to explain what happened.  I'm going to guess that they were more then 60 days late if that is the reason they closed them.  I would not guess that the chances are good.