Question

Nanabee49

how can I remove bankruptcy filed 4/2003
I filed bankruptcy April 2003. I have since established a number of personal loans and store credit accounts and pay on time. My debt to income ration is 2%. I need to get a credit card but don't want a secured one. How can I get the bankruptcy removed and get a unsecured credit card?

Bankruptcy drops off in 10 years

Bankruptcy is a public record that stays on your credit report for 10 years from the date of filing. There is no way to have it removed sooner.  You don't need it off your report to get a unsecured credit card.  If it is the only negative item on your credit report and your score has recovered to a fair-good number, you should have no trouble getting approved.  Some people are able to get a credit card as soon as 6-12 months after filing.