Question

savana104

How can I remove an item from my credit report?
If my exhusband was awarded the house in our divorce, how can I remove our mortgage creditor from my credit report. I have nothing to do with the house anymore.

Most Helpful Response

Thank you Addison170.  Although  it isn't the news I wanted to hear, I appreciate your help. =)

Unfortunately, you ex-husband has to refinance the mortgage in his name only to get your name off the Deed/Mortgage.  No other way around it as far as I know.  Divorce papers only work in certain situations.  Since both of you qualified for the mortgage in the beginning, the mortgage company will not simply remove your name because of the divorce.  Re-fi is pretty much only thing that can get you off the note.  Sorry it is not better news.  I wish divorce attorneys would explain that to folks when the file, it is something I see every week in my job with a mortgage company.