Question

r6ranch

How can I remove all the closed accounts from my reports?
I want to remove the closed accounts from my report so there is not so many on my report to help raise my score

Most Helpful Response

Removing all the accounts will hurt your score.  They will fall off in due time but the loss of the account age and the credit limit (both are important factors in your credit score) will cause a decrease, not an increase.  You want to have as much credit as possible available (mine is over $20,000) and use no more than 10% (I'm at 8%) to have a good credit score.  Having a good score makes getting credit easier, and at lower rates.  Please consider re-reading the articles on this site to refresh your understanding of how credit works.

You really need to do some reading as you have no idea what you are about to do. What you are considering would really HURT your credit. Do some reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!