Question

jenp0414

How can I remove a judgement?
My old landlord tried to charge me for a lot of things I didn't feel I needed to pay. We went to court, and I only had to pay some of the items.
I set up a payment plan with his attorney and paid it off quickly. Years later, this is still on my credit report.
Can I remove it?

Most Helpful Response

Good bye Judgement

If the judgement is paid in full, you can get a letter of satisfaction from the company that put the judgement on your file.  Request that they send you a letter of satisfaction.  Once you get the letter, take it to the courthouse or department of records and show them the account was satisfied.  Some places charge a small fee for this.  They should be able to remove it.  If not, try going through the credit bureaus with a copy of the satisfaction letter.  One or the other should work.  Good luck.

It remains for up to 10 years because it is a matter of public record and cannot be removed.  It will drop off on its own.

undefined