Question

teon

How can I remove a hard credit inquiry for a loan application I didn't authorize?
I am separated from my husband and he tried to get a modification on the mortgage even though I told him I would not agree to it since I had filed for bankruptcy. I did not sign any loan applications yet the bank pulled a hard inquiry on my credit report and it dropped my score that I've worked so hard to rebuild. I complained to the bank but they just basically said there wasn't anything they could do. I feel this is fraud. There isn't anywhere on the credit bureau website to dispute credit inquiries. What can I do?

Good Question

Try writing the credit bureaus a letter via certifed mail stating your concerns. If they don't delete it, send a second letter and ask them to provide a copy of the application with your signature on it. If they can't provide some type of proof, by law, they have to delete the hard inquiry. I hope this helps!