Question

FireGirl1957

How can I remove a bankruptcy that my ex husband filed for before we divorced?
I don't remember my ex husband filing for the bankruptcy. It was in 2010. If we are divorced now, how and why does it still show up on my report?

Because you WERE married then and your credit history for the previous 7 to 10 years is what potential lenders look at.  So this will be reported until sometime in 2020, then it will drop off.  If your payment record on your own accounts since the divorce is good to excellent, that will have a very positive influence on your credit.