Question

raecaylee08

How can i rebuild my credit fast to be prepared to live on my own?
I am a college student who is getting ready to graduate in May of next year. I have alot of college loans built up, due to a private college. How can i rebuild my credit soon, to be prepared to live own my own? My credit score isnt great at all, and i am starting to get very concerned.

Those student loans do not beging being due and payable until 6 months after graduation, so here's hoping you have a job by then.  Also, they are fully collectable until paid in full, unlike credit cards and other loan obligations.

Your credit will have to be built up over time.  A degree doesn't make credit immediately available.  There are articles and tools on this site to help you manage credit.  It's a learning experience and that learning continues throughout life.

You may have to share an apartment, furnish it through thrift stores, yard sales, etc. and keep your life simplified in order to make it.  Your parents didn't get everything they now have within the first year of marriage (just ask them).