Question

msprissy77

How can I re-establish my credit after filing bankruptcy?
I have tried applying for credit cards but I am turned down every time, please help?

Hello! I have been asking the same question... I filed chapter 7 in December 2011 and it was discharged in April 2012. At the date of discharge my credit score was a 512... YUCK! I waited about 4 months and got an auto loan, and when I say and auto loan, I got an ACTUAL auto loan from a well known Chevy Dealer. Not one of those buy here pay here places or a bad credit car loan. I put $1400 down and financed $11,000... my payment is for 48 months and I do have a higher interest rate of 17%, BUT... from July 2012 to November 2012, my credit score has went from a 512 to a 624. Still not the greatest but has increased a ton. I recently just got on as an authorized user to a family members Citi credit card at the end of Novemebr and just checked my credit score with transunion and my score went from 624 to 644. I keep hearing that having a secured card from Bank of America is one of the best secured cards to get to improve your score the most, so I may try to do that since I have money saved, why not use it to improve my score... Hope this helped a little bit.