Question

emcphearson

how can i raise my score by 40+ points in 2 months?
I was wanting to start the process of buying a home soon but my score is a little to low. I have 3 medical bills that I paid off and am just waiting for those to come off. I already have a secured credit card, but I was told by the mortgage consultant at my bank that I should apply for a bigger credit card to help my credit, but I was denied and I was afraid that would mess up my credit if I tried again. I need to know what I can do?

Most Helpful Response

You may have applied to soon

If you are still waiting for the Med bills to come off you CR, You may have applied for that new card to soon. And you may have hurt yourself more with CC app (a new hard inquiry and a denial)  If you don't have many hard inquires you may be able to reapply in as little as 3 or 4 months for a new CC.  If the Consultant has pulled your CR that would have produced another hard inquiry, that too may have been a reason for denial, 2 inquiries close together.  

You will need to wait at least 4 to 6 months to let some time pass between inquiries and let you score rebound from the pay-offs and inquiries.  Make your payments on time and keep saving toward that down-payment,  patience and time will get you there! 

Good Luck 

Be sure to visit naca.com to see if you qualify for one of their terrific mortgages, credit scores don't matter.  4% interest, zero down and zero closing costs.