Question

Athom6

How can I raise my credit score that was lowered due to late payments from rental properties?
I have a FICO reported here at 686 and a vantage of 750(ish). The problem I am having is that I have several rental properties that I occassionally recieve late payment from. The rent only covers the mortgages for those properties leaving no additional income at this time. One was recently refinanced, but that month's and the following month's payments were late on another, resulting in a lowered credit score. How do I raise my credit score? Would selling and elliminating the mortgages for those properties raise (or have any affect on) my FICO credit scores that everyone seems to use now?

First off, the score you get here is NOT your FICO score, so not sure what you mean by "FICO reported here".  You raise your credit score my not allowing any payments to go 30 days past due.  The more recent the late payment, the worse it hurts your score.  Keep on time from now on, and it will slowly recover.  Eliminating the accounts won't increase your score, in fact, it will hurt it worse because you then lose that account history and available credit.  To learn more about FICO and how it is calculated, visit www.myfico.com.