Question

Darrylsmom

How can I raise my credit score? Realistically
Hello, I am a long time lurker and I decided to post and give as much info as possible without giving too much. Hopefully I did not give to little or too much. I am a 100% disabled Army veteran. I want to use my VA loan. My credit was ran and tu said no score possible. Experian said 543 Equifax said 598. Below is my credit report with an explanation where I think it's needed. I want to raise my score so I can get a good rate using my va loan. So if there is any advise please give it. I am starting out. Made tons of mistakes but I am trying my best to make things better. I do have a capital one secure card about to pay my second bill so I assume it should be on my credit by next month. And fingerhut (yes I know) but I bought a fan using fresh start. My plan was/is pay it off in 2 payments. Just enough for it to post to my report positive and keep a low balance. Please any help is appreciated with what I have paid or what I should pay or do next.

NELNET
STUDENT LOAN
Opened: 07/2002
Last Reported: 08/2014
Balance: $0
Status: Transferred/pays account as agreed/no data available

OMNI
FINANCE
Opened: 03/2007
Last Reported: 10/2007
Last Active: 06/2007
Balance: $0
Status: Closed/Pays Account as agreed/as agreed
Other Remarks: Paid Account/Zero Balance; Note Loan

VEROS CREDIT
FINANCE
Opened: 06/2014
Last Reported: 07/2015
Last Active: 06/2015
Balance: $13,299
Status: Closed/Repossession/Repossession
Other Remarks: Repossession
**THE CAR IS ACTUALLY NOT IN REPO STATUS. IT WAS LAST NOVEMBER AND NEVER SINCE THEN. IT WAS TAKEN NOVEMBER 25 I GOT PAID ONE HOUR AFTER THEY TOOK POSSESSION. I PAID EVERYTHING TO GET IT BACK THE NEXT DAY. THE CREDITOR SAYS THEY HAVE THE ACCOUNT AS CURRENT NOT LATE.**

US DEPT OF ED
STUDENT LOANS
Opened: 09/2003
Last Reported: 08/2011
Balance: $3114
Status: Closed/ Collection Account/ Collection
Other Remarks: Closed Placed For Collection
**in the midst of having disability discharge for being 100% disabled veteran. I am unemployable.**

US DEPT OF ED
STUDENT LOANS
Opened: 07/2002
Last Reported: 08/2011
Balance: $2863
Status: Closed/ Collection Account/Collection
Other Remarks: Closed Placed for Collection

ATT WIRELESS
CELL PHONE
Opened: 03/2015
Last Reported: 05/2015
Last Active: 09/2014
Balance: $1053
Status: Open/ Account Seriously Past Due

T-MOBILE
CELL PHONE
Opened: 01/2013
Last Reported: 08/2015
Last Active: 12/2011
Balance: $929
Status: Open/ Collection Account
**THEY OFFERED A SETTLEMENT IF I PAY $250**

SPRINT
CELL PHONE
Opened: 06/2011
Last Reported: 10/2014
Balance: $786
Status: Open Collection Account

CMRE
MEDICAL PAYMENT
Opened: 01/2014
Last Reported: 03/2014
Balance: $572
Status: Closed/ Account Seriously Past Due Date

SIX FLAGS MEMBERSHIP
Opened: 04/2015
Last Reported 06/2015
Balance: $429
Status: Closed/Assigned to an Attorney
(Paid for $207 will be updated October 3)

NEVADA ENERGY
Opened: 06/2013
Last Reported: 05/2014
Balance: $126
Status: Open/Collection
(Paid will be off credit October 3)

COX COMMUNICATIONS LAS VEGAS
CABLE
Opened: 03/2013
Last Reported: 12/2014
Last Activity: 12/2014
Balance: $122
Status: Closed/Account seriously past due date
**i need to return equipment I just found. Will be returning in October inside of exact date**

COX COMMUNICATIONS LAS VEGAS
CABLE
Opened: 03/2013
Last Reported: 12/2014
Balance: $61

COX COMMUNICATIONS LAS VEGAS
CABLE
Opened: 03/2013
Last Reported: 12/2014
Balance: $8

MILITARY STAR
CHARGE ACCOUNT
Opened: 08/2006
Last Reported: 09/2009
Last Activity: 11/2007
Balance: $0
Status: Paid/Paid after collection

US DEPT OF ED
STUDENT LOAN
Opened: 07/2002
Last Reported: 12/2009
Last Activity: 12/2008
Balance: $0
Status: Closed/ Over 120 days late

VERIZON
CELL PHONE
Opened: 01/2012
Last Reported: 07/2015
Last Activity: 07/2015
Balance: $0
Status: Closed/Over 120 days late
**PAID**

Most Helpful Response

It is very refreshing to see a question asked on here with details, it is also great to see someone that is serious about taking charge of their credit. I hope what I say will be helpful to you in one way or another and if you have any further questions please feel free to ask and I will do my best to help you further.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For the accounts on your reports: If you have the means to pay any of the outstanding debt, you will want to start there with the debts of the smallest amounts, you want to negotiate a "PAY FOR DELETE AGREEMENT" prior to paying. Do your best to get a "pay for delete agreement" and if you cannot get one, put that account on hold and move to the next one on the list and attempt a pay for delete there. Your number one goal is to get negative accounts removed and not just marked as paid.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For any negative accounts showing on your reports that you have paid, send the creditors or debt collectors "Goodwill Letters" asking for deletion of the negative accounts.

Your current accounts are slim, you should have more. Get yourself another secured card and a small secured installment loan if possible. Just make sure the lenders report to all three credit bureaus before you apply with them. Some google searching or a phone call should tell you if they do.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

During a credit rebuild, watch your FICO scores, you do have to pay to watch them, but it is worth it as they are the ones that matter. Do not base credit decisions on non-fico scores.

Do everything that you can to never be late again with any payments. If you haven't done so yet, switch to a prepaid phone so you don't end up with any more delinquent phone bills on your reports.

Do some thorough reading on "PAY FOR DELETE AGREEMENTS" and "GOODWILL LETTERS"

The first step is to read everything that you can about credit. The second thing is to clean your credit reports of the negatives the best that you can. The third step is to get some active positive accounts on your reports. And of course, then do some waiting.