Question

jr624

How can I raise my credit, I'm lost!
My credit is horrible, the low 600's. I don't have any credit card debt, or credit cards. For the life of me I can't find out why my score is so low! I do have a car payment, but I make them on time. My mom cosigned on my car, and she is going through bankruptcy, so the payments don't show on my credit. I had student loans that were in defult, but I just recently contacted them and got set back up on a payment plan.
Other than that I have no idea why my score is so low! I know a quick way to boost it is to get a credit card, keep the limit down, and pay it off in full each month, but I don't even qualify for a credit card! Any advice on what I can do would br greatly appreciated! I am sooo lost, and have no clue on where to start.

It is low because you don't have any credit cards.  Your FICO score is calculated like this:  35% is payment history, 30% is utilization, 15% is credit history (how long you've had the account); 10% is inquiries and 10% is mix of credit (i.e. auto loan, credit card, mortgage, etc.).  To learn more about building good credit, visit www.credit.about.com.  You don't have to sign up or anything.  Best of luck!