Question

4general

How can I put a freeze on my incarerated brother's credit?
He lives in California and I live in Arkansas. I have his Power of Attorney now but don't know how to get anyone to accept a copy or fax to prove it and a notarized document from him in the institution..

Most Helpful Response

Send your brother the info

mail a letter to him with a sample letter on writting to the CRA.   Google it for a template and print it out to mail.

He can write a letters asking for a freeze to be put on his reports.  He needs to include his Identifing info: Full Name,  SSN, DoB, etc,  Have him include his last reported mailing address.    Once he has wriiten the letters, have him mail them back to you. 

You will have to mail the letter to all 3 CRA's with a check for $10. ea. and they will have to be mailed Certified mail.

That should take care of it.,

This  is a good idea given his situation. Good luck. 

Calunda

Enter Your Replythank you so very much. It is one of the most frustrating things that I have ever experienced. I hope that no one else in the family asks for this kind of help.

Calunda

How would I know if they already took out credit cards in his name? Or used his name to piggy back their own credit?

I have links in my profile that you can copy and paste into your browser.   

Good Luck

Calunda

I am greatful for your help. It is a wealth of knowledge. I think that I should learn more about cedit to protect he and I.