Question

kelbel2u

How can I prove I paid off an account from 2007??
It's listed as a closed, 'collection/charge off in 2007. I actually transferred it over to a new, 0% interest card and received statements at the time that it was paid in full with a ZERO BALANCE. I only saved that statement for a few years, and all those transfers have long been paid off. It has never even showed up on previous reports as being CLOSED! The only thing I ever received from them was that my credit line had been lowered due to inactivity. Now, 8 years later, it is showing up as a CLOSED CHARGE OFF that was closed by the creditor!! I HAVE NOTHING AT THIS POINT TO PROVE ANYTHING! Should I just let it go? And, HOW LONG WILL THIS STAY ON MY REPORT? (I have just received a privacy notice about this account. I don't even know if THEY know if it's closed!_

Its old enough

It should fall off your report, 

To be sure, Try mailing a "Validation Letter"  Google it for a template and more info.