Question

shire1978

How can I lower my credit score? Much easier than raising it in this economy!!!!!!!
I am tired of throwing out money and getting nothing but lower scores. There are creditors I have never heard of that come out of silence as soon as my score raises even 1 point. Seems impossible unless you have a lot of cash flow to get a score above 600. My new goal is to get the lowest score possible. That I can achieve much easier.

Most Helpful Response

Why would want a lower score?

A low score means that your are NOT trustworthy and can't handle your money.  If you want to buy a home or a car someday you would pay much higher interest rates, if you could get a loan. 

You don't need a lot of money for a good score. You need self control and to act in a responsible fashion. 

As for the creditors that "come out of silence" when your score goes up, IGNORE them.  every credit card offer should have a way for you to opt out of prescreened offers. Use it.  

a good score is based on the credit you have a vailable and how well you manage it.  Pay on time and keeping utilization low will do much more to inprove your score.  Do not apply for any credit more than 1 time in a 6 month period. Doing so will drop your score by  as much as 100 points each time and can take months to come back up.  Learn how credit works and you'll be able to control whats reported about you instead of being at the mercy of creditors and Credit Reporting Agency's 

you can do this for free if you do a little homework and learn how to manage your credit. 

creditinfocenter.com

moneymanagement.org

nationalfreecreditrepair.com

Good luck!