Question

Lorselles

how can I know what my credit score is when mortgage lenders check my credit?
I am in the process of buying my retirement home in another state. I haven't found a property yet but I was advised to go with a local lender rather than Quick and Loan, who have already ran a credit check on me. What should I do>

It's hard to know exactly what score

A lender will see. They all use different algirithims to determine your score.  Most use FICO  as the standard. 

Monitoring your score using either the "pay for" sites or the free sites like this one will give you a good general idea of what they will see.  

many credit cards now offer access to your FICO score. but even these don't give you the exact same score.  I have access to my FICO through 4 different accounts and generally they are with in 5 points of each other.  

On CreditKarma if find that the VantageScore is the closest to my FICO on average. 

For a Good rate on a mortgage, you want your score above 720