Question

BHA1982

how can I keep a low credit utilization ratio on my capital one credit card
My due date is every 2nd of the month, closing date is the 5th of every month and they report every 8th of the month how can I keep my utilization low without carrying a balance? This is my 1st credit card and I'm confused how 2 keep utilization low if they report after my statement date and I don't want 2 carry balance and accrue high interest charges. Im trying 2 rebuild my credit. Right now my utilization is 10% . Can someone please explain in detail. Thank you

Easy solution!

Your utilization % is fine. The key to building your score over time is making sure that payment is posted early every month. There are many factors involved in computing your score, and utilization % is important. As long as you make that payment on time, 10% isn't going to hurt you. As I'm sure you know, the way to avoid paying high interest is to minimize your purchases. And nothing says you have to pay on the due date, as I often pay early......